Tuesday 19 March 2013

Character and Narrative

For this brief, I will be reinterpreting and recreating a scene from a Fry and Laurie sketch. I have chosen this scene, set in a jewellery store (starting from 2:42):


I think it would be really interesting to play around with the facial expressions of the characters in this scene, as the emotions of the characters keep changing - particularly Hugh as he goes from confused to frustrated and agitated.

I've made a storyboard with some key shots so that I am ready to start animating:





Admittedly, I've been a little lazy with my last few animations and just animated as I went along, so I'm hoping this will help me to plan out my animation better and allow me to animate a little faster, rather than getting stuck in the middle!

I'm also going to have a try at the character designing brief. In this brief, I will be looking to redesign 1 (instead of 3) character from Neil Gaiman's 'The Sandman' graphic novels.
I've been reading the comics to give me an idea of which character I would want to redesign, but I haven't decided which one yet.
I've decided to try and take on this brief as I won't have access to a computer over the next 3 weeks, so I'll keep myself busy with character designing and sketches instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment